19 May COVID-19 Update | Austin Boudoir Photography
Here at Torrid Boudoir, I’d like to check in with you and give a quick update on how we are coping with COVID19.
We are committed to protecting public health, and have been closely monitoring the Coronavirus climate and its impact on health and safety.
We want to continue to safely provide an amazing boudoir experience and will be opening our doors on May 20th. Therefore, we’re implementing all necessary measures to help reduce the spread of the virus in accordance with the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC). Our top focus is to ensure we’re meeting your needs while doing our part to keep you and our Beauty Team safe.
While our standards for sanitation and cleanliness were high pre virus, this guide will explain what extra measures we now have in place:
- Enhanced cleaning measures for the studio and high contact areas: door handles, counter top surfaces, light switches, chairs and makeup stations.
- Client wardrobe closet, props and accessories will be laundered and wiped down twice before use.
- All team members will wash and sanitize hands multiple times and as often as possible during each session.
- Pose coaching will be done visually and verbally. Any hands-on adjustments (twisted straps, hair adjustments, etc.) will be done verbally, unless client gives the “okay” to manipulate.
- Clients will be asked to wash their hands upon arriving and leaving the studio.
HAIR AND MAKEUP APPLICATION
Hair and makeup application, sanitation and hygiene has been up to pro standards pre virus. Here is what we have always been doing:
- Our hair and makeup artists have taken the Barbacide and COVID 19 Certification for the most up to date hygiene standards
- All brushes and tools are cleaned and then sanitized with alcohol.
- All makeup products are sprayed with alcohol.
- Cream foundations and lipsticks are scooped via spatula and then applied to a clean and sanitized palette.
- Lip color is applied using a new disposable lip wand for every application and disposed after each use to avoid contamination.
- Pencil liners are sharpened and cleaned with alcohol before use. Liquid liner tips are sanitized with alcohol before each use.
- Mascara is applied with disposable mascara spoolies for every application and disposed after each use to avoid contamination.
- Hair tools are cleaned before sanitation and done with cleaner and alcohol before and after each client use.
Please visit the CDC website (HERE) for the latest, most accurate information regarding the virus and prevention measures. It is important to take good care of yourself and others.
According to the CDC, here are a few ways you can protect yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash; or cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org